Built between Fort Tigne and Fort Cambridge this battery was armed with a 9.2-inch B.L. gun and two 6-inch B.L. guns on disappearing mountings.
Armed with two 10-inch B.L. and two 6-inch B.L. guns on H.P. Disappearing mountings, the battery was completed in 1892 and abandoned after 1910. The battery was protected by a rock cut ditch with two caponiers to the front.
Built to protect Mellieha Bay, and St. Paul's Bay, Fort Campell was armed with two 6-inch B.L. guns in emplacments that each contained three underground gun crew rooms and magazines. The gun emplacements, barrack blocks and command post were all enclosed within a high wall that was camouflaged with rubble and protected with a machine gun bunker.
All photographs are copyright © Michael Forrest